Given the increase in automobile traffic over this holiday weekend, as always, be diligent and careful while driving. Unfortunately, in some situations, an accident occurs in spite of exercising due care as required by the law. Many of these accidents result in soft tissue injuries.
However, when the unsuspecting victim calls the other driver's insurance company to report the accident, their adjuster will use every trick in the book to cheat the victim out of their deserved financial settlement. Based on my experience, the top 10 excuses are:
1. Low impact damage - no causal connection with the injuries claimed.
2. Gaps between treatment dates.
3. Failure to timely seek medical care.
4. No disability slips to medically justify lost wages.
5. No CPT codes on medical bills or invoices.
6. Lengthy treatment relative to not so serious soft tissue injury.
7. Medical costs higher than comparable providers in the area.
8. Too much Time taken off from work in relation to injuries suffered.
9. Off days from work not corresponding to treatment dates.
10. Contributory negligence.
There are many, many more. Just when you think you have heard it all, an adjuster manufactures a new excuse. All serve to cost you thousands of dollars. Call a personal injury expert to protect your interest at (240)676-4827. There is no risk and potentially higher reward so there is nothing to lose. Have a wonderful and safe memorial day weekend! #personalinjury #autoaccidentlaw